In principle, the seed certification quality system prevents contamination of the seed, regardless of its nature, and guarantees comprehensive traceability of all production steps in seed production, from the initial seed to the marketing of the seed ready for sowing to the end consumer.
The Federal Office for Food Safety (BAES) has been carrying out an Austrian-specific GMO monitoring system for seeds since 2001. The implementation of precautionary measures, such as strict cleaning of non-varietident plants and thus potential GM plants in seed multiplication stocks or the performance of monitoring audits at seed producers, as well as the constant evaluation and review of the measures taken, led to a highly sensitive quality system for the prevention of GMO contamination in Austrian seed production.
The results of this monitoring are published annually. Below you will find the reports of the past years.
Annual reports GMO monitoring and surveillance in seeds 2013 - 2022
- pdfJahresbericht_2020.pdf 253 KB
- pdfJahresbericht 2019.pdf 643 KB
- pdfJahresbericht_2018.pdf 304 KB
- pdfJahresbericht_2017.pdf 304 KB
- pdfJahresbericht_2016.pdf 302 KB
- pdfJahresbericht_2015.pdf 208 KB
- pdfJahresbericht_2014.pdf 217 KB
- pdfJahresbericht_2013.pdf 178 KB